PDA

Orijinalini görmek için tıklayınız : Daddy Blue Pt. 01

admin
17 Eylül 2023, 11:33
When Charlie awoke that sunny day, he was feeling pretty good. He had no idea life was about to throw him the biggest curve ball anyone could imagine. The following is my first attempt at a multi-part story, and I hope that if you get through it or the following two parts, you will consider leaving me some feedback letting me know what you think. All comments are much appreciated.

Thanks, the author

The alarm went off at its usual hour?7 a.m.?but for once I shut it off, rolled over and went back to sleep. This being the first day of spring break?my very first college spring break?I'd be damned if I was going to get up early. And even when I did finally crawl out of bed at a little past nine, I was in no hurry to get the day started; so instead of getting dressed I brewed a cup of coffee on my roommate's nifty little coffeemaker and parked myself in front the tube where I sat idly watching Jerry Springer's morning freak show. By this time I normally would have been into my second class of the day, busily scribbling notes as the prof droned on about World Lit, and trying hard to keep my focus on Shakespeare and Dante rather than the hot guys seated on either side of me in the classroom. Of course that was just on Mondays, Wednesday and Fridays. On Tuesdays and Thursdays, I would be at the university library contemplating pulling my hair out as I surveyed the endless stacks of books I had to shelve as part of my part-time work study job.

But not today. Today, I didn't have a worry in the world, and the only thing on my mind was wondering why the blue collar joes on Jerry's show?some of whom weren't half-bad looking?would ever want the hoary-looking skanks screeching and clawing over them. But if my day was starting off perfectly, the same could not be said for my dormmate Sean. While I was sleeping late, he had already gotten up, straightened up his bed, and hurried off for early morning conferences with a couple of his professors. Sean was in danger of failing several classes, and in a desperate attempt to head off academic probation, he had gone to throw himself on the mercy of his profs and beg for extra credit work over spring break. I'd seen this coming from day one. Sean's story was an old one. Raised by strict parents who'd kept him on a tight leash all the way through high school, he had basically gone wild with partying at his first taste of freedom, his freshman year of college. It was a classic trap.

Of course it was my freshman year too, here at good old Texas A